Author Topic: Jerky framerate in Torghast with Empowerment button  (Read 459 times)

brykrys

• View Profile
Jerky framerate in Torghast with Empowerment button
« on: July 11, 2021, 11:49:55 AM »
In Torghast, when the Empowerment button appears, the framerate starts to stutter - several mini-freezes per second.

This only occurs while the button itself is active, and goes away as soon as you activate Empowerment.

Moving the button to your actionbar does not help.

This does not occur if I disable Autobar.

My guess is the game spams an event while the button is active, causing Autobar to do more than the usual amount of processing.

MuffinManKen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jerky framerate in Torghast with Empowerment button
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 04:28:13 PM »
Check your "Throttle Event Limit" setting. It defaults to 0, but you can try setting it higher. It's in seconds, and controls how frequently events are handled.  With a setting of 0, it handles everything, but setting it to 0.5 would make it ignore extra events that happen more quickly than half a second.

If that helps, and you're curious, you can set Log Throttled Events to see what's causing the problem.

If that doesn't help, some people have had success with disabling the Extra bar.

brykrys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 11:50:19 AM »
Setting the "Throttle Event Limit" to 0.5 did help a lot, although the framerate was still slightly choppy while the Empowerment button was active. (More so than completely disabling Autobar.)

I did take a look at the Throttle Event log. Events were a mixture of BAG_UPDATE_COOLDOWN, SPELL_UPDATE_COOLDOWN, UNIT_AURA, SPELLS_CHANGED, and a very few TOYS_UPDATED. However I couldn't see much difference between the ones while the button was active and the ones from normal comabt. Perhaps it is just the sheer volume of all the events?

MuffinManKen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 04:07:50 AM »
Yeah, it would be the volume of events.  The UPDATE_COOLDOWN events should be very fast, so are unlikely to be part of the problem.  TOYS_UPDATED should be almost instant unless you've actually got a new Toy, which doesn't seem a likely thing to be happening regularly.

You can disable SPELLS_CHANGED entirely by unclicking the Allow SPELLS_CHANGED option and see if that helps.

I'm not sure what this "Empowerment" thingy is, but I'll try logging in and see if I can do some testing with it.

Bernard Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 12:49:42 PM »
i'm not seeing an option to Throttle Event Limit anywhere. checked Autobar options, AdvancedInterfaceOptions CVars, etc. google doesn't help either. how do I set this?
EDIT: found it in the main config dialog. i was looking in the Interface/Autobar settings for some reason.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 05:44:54 AM by Bernard Langham »