Author Topic: Icon Question (sorry if its been asked before)  (Read 169 times)

Bruce Dias

• View Profile
Icon Question (sorry if its been asked before)
« on: March 29, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »
Hello there everyone. First off let me say, as a wow player who appreciates a minimalistic UI setup but still likes fast access to dozens of custom macros, I must say, the autobar addon has been AMAZING, HUGE FAN here. That being said, I have a noob question, very non technical I am. I set up some custom categories and am trying to get icons to match the corresponding macros, I have been trying to mess with the #show and #showtooltip followed by the spell name after, but it hasnt been working at all. for instance, the only resource i found online that has spell names is https://www.wowhead.com/icons. So it gives me things like "ability_creature_cursed_03" as the link attached to an icon I want, but whenever I try to combine that with the #show mechanic, it doesnt work. heres an example of one of the macros im working on.

#show ability_creature_cursed_03
/DBM

that doesnt work. Even when I try to remove the underscores, capitalize first letters, combine everything, i tried everything and nothing works. None of the ability names listed on wowhead work at all. I have several addons that list icon spell IDs when hovering over an icon when creating a macro, and I get SOME functionality for that, for instance

#show 132121 (number came from hovering over the druid demoralizing roar icon on create a macro addon called macro toolkit)
/DBM

so instead of showing the icon of the druid demoralizing roar icon, I get a picture of an engineering cog, which atleast is SOME progress, I guess its better than just the giftbox, but its really confusing, the id's listed in the addon(macro toolkit) as well as online resources either dont work at all, or give me a completely different icon.

So I was wondering if im doing something wrong, or if there is a database online I can find icon names or id's I can use with autobar? Its so close to perfecting my UI, I wouldnt go through all the trouble of making an account on here and writing this if it didnt matter alot to me. Any advice would be appreciated, either way, still gonna continue to use the addon, just would love to get it really perfectly set up. Thanks so much for your hard work!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:47:09 PM by Bruce Dias »

MuffinManKen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Icon Question (sorry if its been asked before)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 01:40:44 PM »
G'day!

You just need to use the name of a spell, not the ID or icon name. For example:

#show Demoralizing Roar
/DBM

Bruce Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 08:37:38 AM »
Thanks for the reply sir, unfortunately, that doesnt work, I tried using a myriad of regular spell names including demoralizing roar and it doesnt work. Im beginning to wonder if its another addon causing this?

MuffinManKen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 11:53:33 PM »
Hmm, well it WAS working.  Maybe the latest patch broke it?

I will dig some more and see if I can figure it out.

MuffinManKen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 12:22:11 AM »
Okay, if you do not know the spell, you cannot get the icon for the spell by using the spell name. I assume your character isn't a druid with Demoralizing Roar.

So try:
#show 201664

Where 201664 is the spell id for Demoralizing Roar.  I assume the value you were seeing from macro toolkit was actually the icon id, not the spell id.

The easiest way to get spell ids is probably to look the spell up on wowhead:
https://www.wowhead.com/spell=201664/demoralizing-roar

Bruce Dias

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 11:34:36 AM »
actually the toon IS a druid, but thats not important, because....

YOU ARE THE MAN!!

That totally works. I just go to wowhead.com/spell, look up any spell name and the webpage that shows up ("https://www.wowhead.com/spell=242236/item-druid-t20-guardian-2p-bonus" for example), I copy the number portion after the = sign, so #show 242236 in this case, and I get the Icon for a the druid guardian paw, which is what I want.

so

#show 242236
/equipset guardian

and you get a custom autobar macro that switches to your guardian set with the guardian druid paw icon! PERFECT!

took a while, but now everything is up and running and pretty!