AutoBar is a Multi-bar mod that automatically adds potions, water, food, quest and other items you specify into buttons for easy use.
- Does not use up action slots.
- You can create your own categories of items, dragging items from bags, or spells from spell books into it.
- You can make custom Buttons that contain 1 or more Custom or Built in categories.
- You can create custom Bars to organize your Buttons to suit your interface needs.
- WoW has thousands of items you may obtain. AutoBar automatically organizes frequently used items for you, saving you the drudgery of dragging stuff from your bags to an action bar. Since AutoBar does not use up the limited action slots available, you can save those for your spells and abilities.
You can reach the settings dialog for AutoBar in a few different ways:
/autobar config in chat
- left-click the AutoBar minimap button
- right-click the AutoBar minimap button and select AutoBar
- left-click the LDB icon (assuming you have a Data Broker addon to show it)
The addon title is here, along with the version number. Please provide this version number with any bug reports you make.
Move the Bars - This turns the bars green and makes them draggable. The name of the bar is also shown over the buttons. When you've placed them where you want them, click this button to set them back to their normal state.
Move the Buttons - This lets you move the buttons to change their order or move them to a different bar. While in "move mode" the button name (or as much of it as will fit) is shown over the button
Key Bindings - Click this to set Key Bindings for the buttons. When in this mode, hover the mouse pointer over a button and hit a key combination. You can also set them from WoW's Key Binding interface, but I find this quicker and easier. You can choose to have the key binds be character-specific or account-wide.
Clamp Bars to Screen - This makes it impossible to move the bars off-screen. If you change it, you will need to reload the UI before it takes effect.
Show Minimap Icon - Toggles whether the Minimap icon is displayed.
Show Empty Buttons - If set, all Enabled buttons will be shown even if they have no items or spells available.
Show Count Text - Shows the number of charges for a spell, or how many of an item you have.
Show Hotkey Text - Enables the showing the assigned Keybind on the button.
Show Tooltips - Enables tooltips for the spells and items in the buttons.
Show Tooltips in Combat - Should tooltips be shown while in combat?
RightClick SelfCast - For buttons that do not have their own built-in Right Click option, this will make Right Clicking the button auto target you.
Fade Out - Sets whether all bars should Fade Out by default.
Fade Out Cancels in Combat - If set, the bars will not Fade Out when you are in combat.
Fade Out Cancels on Alt - Cancels the fade when you press the 'Alt' key
Fade Out Cancels on Ctrl - Cancels the fade when you press the 'Ctrl' key
Fade Out Cancels on Shift - Cancels the fade when you press the 'Shift' key
FadeOut Time - This sets how quickly the bars fade, in seconds.
FadeOut Delay - The number of seconds to wait before starting to Fade after the mouse is no longer over the bar.
FadeOut Alpha - This is the transparency level that the bar will reach. 0 is completely transparent, 1 is completely opaque.
Advanced/Debug: You probably shouldn't mess with this
Log Performance - This will track how long it takes AutoBar to process each game event. If it takes too long, a message will be printed to the chat window.
Log Events - This will log every message that AutoBar processes to the chat window. It prints a LOT of stuff.
Log Memory - If checked, the amount of memory that AutoBar is using will be printed to the chat window after every event. Note: This includes the memory used by any shared libraries if AutoBar was the first to load them (Ace, LibPeriodicTable, etc).
Allow SPELLS_CHANGED - For some classes/specializations, a SPELLS_CHANGED event is sent out by the game at a very high rate. If you are having performance issues you can try disabling this. Since this causes AutoBar to update less frequently there may be side-effects. Use at your own risk.
Log Throttled Events - If events are throttled (ignored because they happen too fast), this will print a message to the chat window.
Throttle Event Limit - If events happen more frequently than this setting (in seconds), excess events will be ignored. There may be side-effects. Use at your own risk.
New - This creates a new custom Category that can then be added to a Button.
Reset - This will permanently delete ALL of your custom categories. Use with caution.
If 1 or more Categories exist, then the following UI will be available when selecting a Category:
Name - The name that will be used to identify this category. You'll need this name to add the Category to a Button.
There are no settings here, just a list of wonderful people who helped make this addon possible. Send them some positive vibes.
All slash commands should be preceded by either /autobar or /atb. /autobar on its own will print out usage information. Theoretically, anything you can do from the GUI can also be done
from the commandline, though it is less convenient. Here are some of the more common commands:
- /autobar config: This opens the AutoBar config window
- /autobar main movebarsmode: This allows the bars to be moved around on the screen. Run this command again to lock them in place.
- /autobar main keyboundmode: Show the dialog for binding keys
Step-by-step instructions on how to perform common tasks.
These are all of the issues known at this time. If you know of any others, please post them on the
forum after checking the
- The new Falcosaur Mounts do not appear on the Mount button. This is a Blizzard bug. You also can't use them from a macro.
- Toys, Mounts and Battle Pets cannot be added to Custom Categories.
- Sometimes popups don't pop back down when you move the mouse over them quickly. This is a Blizzard bug. The UI notifies AutoBar when the mouse enters the area, but not always when it exits.
- Custom macros do not show cooldown information.
- The Category dropdown in the custom button dialog is sorted randomly. It appears to be a limitation in the Ace3 GUI/Config libraries that AutoBar uses.
- With Custom Macro buttons, Toys will show the tooltips for the items that teach them.
- "You aren't in a party" will be written to the chat window when you loot in a instance group. It is harmless though.
Here are answers to some questions that come up often.
I don't see any Mounts (or as many as I expect) on the Mount button.
Check the configuration of the Mount button. There are 4 checkboxes that control what is shown: Show Class, Show Favourites, Show Non-Favourites, Show Qiraji.
When logging in I see "Warnings/Errors occurred in AutoBar" followed by a long list of invalid spell IDs in the chat panel.
This is a sign that Blizzard changed some spell IDs so the ones AutoBar expected are no longer there. Please report this on the
There are items missing from the buttons
New items are added pretty frequently. I do my best to stay on top of it, but I'm bound to miss some. Please post on
forum. Please include a WoWHead link to the missing item and the name of the button where you think it should be added.
How can I set the icon on a custom macro?
AutoBar does its best to parse the macros you give it to choose the proper icon, but if you need to specify it directly you can use "#showtooltip" or "#show" followed by the name of a spell or item to use as the icon.
The Ancient Dalaran Portal/Teleport is missing.
Please check the configuration of your Hearth button. There is a checkbox to "Include Ancient Dalaran".
Is there a way to make the Bars vertical?
Yup! Go into the Bars config, select the bar you're interested in on the left ("Basic", for example). Then scroll down through the options until you reach the General block. There you'll see settings for the Rows and Columns. Set the Columns to 1 and the Rows to whatever you want the height of the bar to be.
You'll likely want to change the Popup Direction setting in the same area too.